Tuesday 6 February 2007

NTL internet down time compensation

I have been down for one week and the compensation was one week times cost of line divided by 30. Is this a reasonable or usual compensation package? I don't think so. Logically speaking from their perspective, this sounds the fairest way but I am afraid I am very disappointed. Why don't they come up with better compensation packages that will really convince users to stay with them? So what is reasonable? Why not reduce the rate I pay every month by half for three months? Surely this is a small price to pay to keep customers happy? I think the trick with compensation packages is to offer something that exceeds the customer's expectations.

If they carry on with their way of compensating, customer retention will be poor. Simple way to see this is to consider someone down for one month. Now would they be happy to have the next month free even though they have paid for the unused month? I don't feel compensated because they have only credited with me for the amount of down time.

In fact it is worse because the phone calls I have made to them have cost me.

No comments: